Every November 25th we celebrate International Day against Gender Violence.
We are going to work a little about the issue reflecting on several posters from Jornadas de Diseño Motiva (Gijón, 2004). These posters are magnificent and I would like you think about them. What are they saying to us? Choose your favourite and leave a reply about it: what the message is, what kind of visual elements use to express it, why you has chosen it…
You can see them here.
We are going to comment the lyrics of these songs:
Love the way you lie by Eminem ft. Rihanna
Behind the wall by Tracy Chapman
Luka by Suzanne Vega
And finally: make up a mask as attacker or as attacked to do a photo-performance.
- Think about the face you would put if you were living under this kind of situation
- Take a self-portrait with this face
- Print it, so that your face fits a DIN A-4 page
- Add colours, lines… with markers, wax colours or collage
- Put rubber band on it in order to use it